2017 Year End Deep Thoughts
- It was the best of times...well, at least for sellers.
- Inventory was the story in 2017, as there really wasn't much of it.
- Rates stayed low throughout 2017, but we're already seeing some bumps in them in 2018.
- Anything went in 2017: multiple offers, homes selling before they ever went on the market, sellers refusing to do repairs, buyers crying when they couldn't find anywhere to live.
- Lower price ranges benefited the most from this bonanza, but some micro-markets were on fire in 2017 (I'm looking at you downtown/Parkridge).
- 2017 was one of the craziest markets I've ever lived through. Don't take that as a challenge, 2018.
*All information provided by KAAR (Knoxville Area Association of Realtors). My opinions are just that: opinions. I'm not really an expert in anything, but I do like to write about real estate.