- Sales were literally almost off the chart in June. I'm going to need a bigger chart.
- Inventory was only slightly down month over month and active listings are flat, so homeowners definitely started listing their homes again in June, which is a good thing.
- Rates are still under 4% and THDA money is still available in several Knoxville area zip codes (37914, 37917, 37912, 37921, among others).
- Multiple offers are the new black, and they are causing prices to go up.
- Speaking of prices, they are way up all the way across the board, sometimes astonishingly so. I don't want to be "that agent," but with sales and prices skyrocketing up, I can't help but think that what comes up must go down...
- Am I the only one on the edge of my seat about how the second half of this year is going to pan out? Will sales and prices keep going up? Will rates stay down? Will we finally find out who shot J.R.? Stay tuned!
All information provided by KAAR (Knoxville Area Association of Realtors). My opinions are just that: opinions. I'm not really an expert in anything, but I do like to write about real estate.