1. Inventory remains under the 3 month supply line for the second month in a row and the third time in the last three years.
2. Closings are up almost 20% year over year.
3. Sales prices are up across the board almost 20% (sense a theme yet?). The average price for a 3 BR house in August 2019 was $181,449 vs $225,555 this August.
4. Active listings were up month over month, but down 16% year over year.
5. Interest rates are still low and still helping to drive this train.
6. Y’all. For real. Look at those other lines. August is usually kind of slow. We should be winding down for the year, but we’re not. I’m thinking I’m not booking a non-refundable vacation any time soon, because we house slingers gotta make hay while the sun shines.
*All information provided by KAAR (Knoxville Area Association of Realtors) and is for the greater Knoxville area including Knox County and surrounding counties. My opinions are just that: opinions. I'm not really an expert in anything, but I do like to write about real estate.