One thing 2018 was great for was real estate. Let’s chat about it.
1. Inventory remained historically low pretty much all year.
2. Closings were slightly historically higher than 2017, but a lot more seasonally adjusted.
3. Prices were up across the board from 2017
4. Interest rates went up slightly, but it didn’t appear to impact home sales.
5. All in all, 2018 was almost a carbon copy of 2017. I expect a lot more upheaval in 2019, especially depending on the length of the government shutdown and what the Fed decides to do with interest rates.
*All information provided by KAAR (Knoxville Area Association of Realtors) and is for the greater Knoxville area including Knox County and surrounding counties. My opinions are just that: opinions. I'm not really an expert in anything, but I do like to write about real estate.