Santa came, you guys! Santa came! Don't believe me? Check out these charts and and also the nifty numbers from the Knoxville Area Association of Realtors (you can call them KAAR).
- Inventory - It's 2 months lower than December 2014.
- Sales - Look at that dotted line kick up for Christmas! That was the most December sales in over 9 years in the greater Knoxville market.
- Rates - Yes, they bumped ever so slightly before Santa came, but they're still holding steady around 4-ish%.
- Soup. Literally.
- Listings - Down again year over year and month over month. WE NEED YOUR HOMES, PEOPLE>
- Rentals - See "Listings."
- Pricing - After correcting for much of the year, it was a very mixed bag in December.
- Gazpacho. Because, well, it's technically a soup, but...
- 2015 turned out to be a banner comeback year in the Knoxville real estate market, thanks to inventory and pricing correction, as well as overall sales.
- Competition is fierce out there (yes, in JANUARY) for homes priced well and in good condition. Did I mention we need to list your house?
- Pricing was wonky in December, but December is the kind of month that makes sellers want to get rid of homes that have sat on the market too long. Let's hope for more pricing stability in 2016.
- Speaking of 2016, are you ready for another roller coaster ride? You know it's NEVER boring around here.
All information provided by KAAR (Knoxville Area Association of Realtors). My opnions are just that: opinions. I'm not really an expert in anything, but I do like to write about real estate.