Chirstmas is coming, but it's just now time to see what swag we got in our pillow cases back in October. Tricks or treats? Well, since Santa is almost here, let's dig into a short and sweet version of the Knoxville Home Sales Report breakddown and find out!
- Inventory - It's up above 7 months, but still historically very low. .
- Sales - Sales were strong for October and were the highest they've been in that month since 2006.
- Pricing - Average and median sales prices were up almost across the board.
- Rates - Seriously. We've been saying they can't last like this since 2009. That was 6 years ago.
- Cats and cupcakes. Trust me.
- Listings - Yes, people are still looking. Yes, we still need new inventory. .
- Rentals - See "Listings."
- Taking away a cat's money. Uncool.
- Fourth Quarter 2015 is coming in STRONG, with sales as high as they've been in NINE YEARS.
- And yes, sales have slowed down, but folks are still looking, and thanks to low inventory, the pickings are SLIM.
- Speaking of folks still looking...I do believe that fear of rising rates is keeping folks out in the market as the holiday season draws nigh.
- The November numbers will be out very soon, and with the way the rest of the year has gone, I'm guessing there won't be a lot of turkeys in the mix.
All information provided by KAAR (Knoxville Area Association of Realtors). My opnions are just that: opinions. I'm not really an expert in anything, but I do like to write about real estate.