Do you rememeber...the 21st night of September? Yeah, well, it was over a month ago, so you're forgiven if you don't. Luckily, I have these nifty Home Sales Report numbers from the Knoxville Area Association of Realtor (DJ KAAR) to break it down for you old skool style. Check it:
The dark blue dotted line on this first chart represents months of supply, and as you can see, it's flat lined. But that's not a bad thing! The fact that our inventory only slightly ticked up in September means that the market was still moving along at a nice little clip as we were heading into the fourth quarter. Don't believe me? Read on, brave information seeker...
This second dotted blue lin represents active listings. It's not quite flat lined, but you can see that active listings were slightly down in September, which you can also see is a seasonal arc. Still, listings (as well as the inventory above) are at a nine year low. How low can they go? Well, I think we might find out in December. So, what's left...let's see...
...that's right! Closed sales! And don't be sad that they were down a bit month over month, because they were WAY up year over year. How far up? How about over 20% far up? That's pretty spicy for September, my friends, and now I'm VERY much looking forward to the pumpkin spice that the October numbers may bring our way. Stay tuned!
- Inventory - We're STILL holding steady between 6 and 7 months of housing supply.
- Sales - September did not disappoint in the closings category, with sales up over 20% from 2014.
- Rates - Still good. Still unbelieveably not going up.
- Princestagram. OMG for real, you guys.
- Listings - Keep 'em comin'. At this rate, we'll sell 'em all winter.
- Rentals - And we'll rent them until Spring.
- Pricing - For the first time all year, pricing was a mixed bag in September.
- Anything that's not Princestagram. Have you looked at it yet? WHY NOT?
- So, even though sales fell off last month and pricing fell off this month, 9 months in, I feel safe saying that 2015 has definitely shaped up to be the best correction year I've seen in my 12 year career.
- It's not Spring Selling Season out there, but the good houses are still going fast, and fence sitting buyers are getting broken hearts.
- It will be VERY interesting to go into winter with so little inventory and rates as good as they still are. Agents, I hope your winter vacations are refundable...
All information provided by KAAR (Knoxville Area Association of Realtors). My opnions are just that: opinions. I'm not really an expert in anything, but I do like to write about real estate.